Of course Tesla is hitting more milestones — it’s moving forward fast, and there are always new stats that can be shared. Nonetheless, I’m a sucker for stats, so here are a few that came out of Tesla’s 2014 annual shareholder meeting, followed by some Tesla slides:
- Supercharger DC fast-charging stations are now in over 100 locations in the United States.
- Tesla’s electric cars have now driven over 344 million miles.
- 0 people have been killed in Tesla crashes.
- The average price of the Model S is projected to fall from ~$100,000 to ~$90,000. I’m not sure if that’s a milestone or not, but we’ll count it as one since it includes numbers.
- The first right-hand-drive Tesla Model S is hitting London this weekend! How long till Prince Henry gets one?
- This one’s more tentative: Tesla is soon going to start prep work on gigafactories in 2 or even 3 states, “all the way to creating a foundation and creating the plans and getting approval.” The final choice of location is supposed to come at the end of 2014.