- In 2020, “Citroën goes Ëlectric for all” with the launch of six electrified vehicles. With the introduction of New C4 and ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric, the Brand is continuing its electrification offensive and is writing a new chapter in its history in the hatchback territory.
- A reinvented compact hatchback that meets the expectations of the segment with all that constitutes the Citroën identity:
- Strength of the concept: embodying a strong step forward in Citroën design, it offers a raised stance on large diameter wheels, ready to pounce, an energetic, aerodynamic and mixed silhouette, incorporating SUV standards, an assertive and graphic design offering numerous possibilities for customisation.
- Choice of powertrain: New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric is the fifth in Citroën’s electrification offensive, after C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, Ami, ë-Jumpy and ë-SpaceTourer. New C4 is also available in petrol or Diesel.
- On-board comfort: all the benefits of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme for enhanced comfort for all with Citroën suspensions with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions®, Advanced Comfort seats and Citroën Smart Pad Support™ in a World Premiere. A comfort experience enhanced by the 20 driving assistance technologies including Highway Driver Assist, a level 2 semi-autonomous driving system and 6 connectivity technologies. These qualities are even more amplified on New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric offering the silence of the ë-Comfort experience.
- New C4 and ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric are the 10th generation of Citroën compact hatchbacks that have marked their era with their comfort and character.
After its offensive in the SUV territory marked by the successful launches of the C3 Aircross SUV and C5 Aircross SUV (300,000 and 200,000 sales respectively since their launches at the end of 2017), Citroën is making a strong comeback in the hatchback market. With more than 1,700,000 cars sold in Europe in 2019, or nearly 11% of total passenger car sales, the compact hatchback segment is essential in the European market. New C4 and ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric is Citroën’s new-generation compact hatchback, inspired by customers and their way of driving. 100% electric, petrol or Diesel, meeting the expectations of the customers while offering a modern concept full of character, it has all the qualities needed to shake up the standards of its segment.
- The 10th generation of Citroën compact hatchbacks
Citroën and compact cars have been a 92 years success story since the first C4 in 1928. A history that includes GS, voted 1971 European Car of the Year and celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. A line of cars that have sold nearly 12.5 million, acknowledged for their character, comfort and handling over the decades: C4 (1928), Ami 6/Ami 8, GS/GSA, BX, ZX, Xsara, C4 (2004 and 2010) and C4 Cactus.
- An innovative posture and assertive style
With a unique and bold identity, New C4 and ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric offer a new concept at the heart of the compact hatchback segment. With its elevated and assertive posture, the body shape combines the elegance and dynamism of a hatchback while subtly adopting certain SUV standards for added strength and character. Aerodynamic and fluid, it echoes Citroën’s trademarks, notably the new LED V-shaped front and rear lighting signature, with a new expression of style that is more assertive, muscular and dynamic. Its warm and high-tech interior instantly expresses well-being, comfort and modernity. Each customer will be able to configure their car to suit their own image with 31 combinations outside and 6 ambiences inside.
- Choice of powertrain: 100% electric, petrol or Diesel
New ë-C4 – 100% electric, the fifth in the Brand’s electric offensive, and New C4 offer customers the comfort of choosing between 3 types of efficient and high-performance engines: 100% electric 100 kW (136 hp) with a range of 350 kmi allowing great freedom of movement, new generation Euro 6d petrol engine from 100 hp to 155 hp or Diesel from 110 hp to 130 hp.
- A new expression of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme
New C4 and New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric offer a new step of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, offering modern all-round comfort for all, with a focus on every aspect of on-board well-being. Suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions® and Advanced Comfort seats deliver driving comfort. Living comfort is enhanced by generous interior space, including Best in Class knee room, clever storage spaces and the Smart Pad Support Citroën™.
Comfort of mind arises through a soothing and luminous atmosphere with warm materials and the openable panoramic sunroof. Comfort of use emerges thanks to the 20 driving assistance technologies including Highway Driver Assist, a level 2 semi-autonomous driving system and the 6 connectivity technologies. These qualities are even more amplified on New ë-C4 – 100% ëlectric offering all the advantages of the ë-Comfort: silence, smoothness, ease and pleasure of use.
“With New C4 and New ë-C4 – 100% Electric, Citroën is making a strong comeback in the C-Hatch segment, a major segment in Europe. Expressing all of Citroën’s DNA through its innovative posture and exceptional comfort, this new model offers customers a choice of 100% electric, petrol or Diesel powertrains to meet the needs of as many people as possible”.
Vincent Cobée, Citroën CEO
All Images Copyright William CROZES @ Continental Productions, courtesy Citroën.
Press Release courtesy Citroën.