Global electric mobility innovator NIU is delighted to launch the brand-new KQi3 electric kick scooter in the UK as the company’s first product in the booming micromobility sector.
Launching on July 13, 2021 in the UK market, the KQi3 will be available from Indiegogo for an extremely accessible price of £339 at the Early Bird offer (MSRP from £599).
The NIU KQi3 has been designed to offer a comfortable, smart, and powerful alternative for urban transport with an 18.6mile range combined with a top-speed of 15.5mph. A full charge takes just five hours to complete and for maximum convenience and easy storage, the KQi3 is foldable.
NIU spent a long time evaluating and understanding the commuter market as it began the design of the KQi3, and NIU is confident the new model addresses issues, where others fall short, in relation to riding stability and comfort.
NIU believes the new KQi3 is the ultimate commuter scooter.
As with all NIU products, safety is the first concern and there are many key design attributes of the KQi3 that make it a highly reliable and outstanding product.
- Extra wide handlebars which are 54cm wide and offer greater control and comfort for the rider thanks to a natural hand placement
- A wider deck which is 17cm across and enables greater rider comfort, particularly when cornering
- 5” x 2.5” wide pneumatic tyres
- Powerful performance with a battery located under the deck for a lower centre of gravity, giving a range of 18.6miles, a top-speed of 15.5mph thanks to a super-powerful 48v lithium battery and 350W motor with rear wheel drive
- Regenerative braking with dual drive disc brakes returns power to the battery and can add up to 4% more battery charge by harvesting braking energy into battery power
- The ultra-visible ‘halo’ front light is bright and enables the rider to see and the KQi3 to be seen by others, in combination with the rear brake light works to aid safety for the rider
“We’re delighted to bring this innovative new electric scooter to the global market. We have worked hard to ensure it offers a comfortable and enjoyable ride for our customers at a competitive price,” said Dr. Yan Li, CEO of NIU Technologies.
NIU is among the leading electric vehicle producers and NIU customers have enjoyed over five billion miles of electric power across the wide range of NIU scooters and motorcycles first introduced in 2014.
Since the formation of the company in 2014 there have been over 1.8 million NIU scooters sold across 48 countries.
NIU has three brand ideals:
Mission: To redefine urban mobility and making life better
Vision: To become the world’s leading brand in electric mobility
Philosophy: Technology, Style and Freedom
Images courtesy of NIU