HiPhi, Human Horizons’ premium, smart, all-electric vehicle brand, is excited to announce the application of its world-first NT Door system on the HiPhi X. The innovative new entry to the premium automotive segment will debut at the 2020 Beijing Auto Show.
HiPhi X, the first model of the HiPhi brand, is positioned as a self-learning, supercar-inspired SUV, adopting the world’s first Human Oriented Architecture (HOA) enabling a secure, developer-open software platform. HOA comprises of 6 “super brain” domain controllers, connected by 1G Ethernet, over 500 sensors, and a 5G-V2X technology network.
HiPhi X comes with 2 battery options, the larger being a 96 kWh unit. The battery technology, highly efficient electric drive system and a low drag coefficient of 0.27, delivers a range of 610 km (NEDC). The HiPhi X will accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.9s. The advanced vehicle has been developed with dual-redundant systems which is a key enabler for its Level 3 autonomous driving capability. The HiPhi X is equipped with the worlds-first NT Door system, Programmable Matrix Lighting (PML), Intelligent Signal Display (ISD), a theatre-style co-pilot screen and other leading technologies to bring users a truly new experience.
• Touch-free NT Door system: The world’s only touch-free entry, luxury SUV without door handles or mechanical lock cylinders
• Six electronically controlled doors: All six doors in the NT Door system contain independent control modules, creating an intelligent system well beyond the simplicity of traditional mechanical structures typically seen in the automotive world. All six doors power-close with the push of a button. One need not crease their suit jacket or dinner gown whilst reaching to close the door.
• Multiple methods of lock/unlock: Users can enter through facial recognition, smart key, smartphone ID and can also be unlocked remotely through the HiPhi app.
• 6 modes of ingress and egress: With multiple different combinations, the world’s first NT Doors give users an original, unparalleled sense of occasion.
• 360° proximity sensing: With the omnidirectional intelligent sensing system made possible through both positioning and ultrasonic sensors, the HiPhi X can detect the user’s position, or objects, that may be in the path of the doors and adjust the opening angle accordingly. With the gentle press of a button the doors swing out in a safe manner with purpose and precision for ultimate convenience.
• Continuously evolving: The HOA electrical architecture will allow over-the-air updates for improved or additional control of all electronic features from vehicle performance to seat control and UX interfaces.HiPhi X is now entering the final phase of development and launch ahead of production which is expected to commence by the end of this year, with official deliveries in 2021.
X Evolvable Super SUV – Global Landmark Attracting the Attention (All-Electric)
SHANGHAI, Sept. 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — One year ago, the Chinese brand HiPhi, a subsidiary of Human Horizons, showed people its prototype, which advanced the lines of a future high-end electric full-size SUVs. Now the firm has revealed the final version of its first model, which has been bestowed the name HiPhi X and go on sale in the first half of 2021.
The 2020 HiPhi X world launch campaign — HiPhi ad featuring friendly messages to industry rivals, many Chinese and foreign Kols from the automotive, technology, finance, venture capital and media circles have forwarded and commented by Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other platforms, which has given full affirmation for the “luxury brand” of HiPhi on behalf of the new power of Chinese automobiles, and has led a large number of netizens to choose “standing in line” of the HiPhi Automobile or Tesla to show their attitude by supporting the brand. – swept the Internet.
The objective of the campaign was targeted at raising brand awareness and product recognition, as well as a teaser to its official launch at the 2020 Beijing Auto Show.
In recent days, the campaign made its broadcast debut during peak hours in London, New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Beijing on mega-screens across the cities. Followed by takeovers on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms.
The messages were along the lines of:
Hi Tesla, you said it’s good for the world if someone made a better EV. That’s why we’re here.”
Hi Dyson, you said that you need a stubborn belief in an idea to see it realized. We proved you right.”
Hi Porsche, you said you couldn’t find the car of your dreams, so you built it yourself. We know how that feels.”
Speaking of R&D, Human Horizons does have some impressive names involved in that side of the business, including 35-year Jaguar and Ford veteran Mark Stanton as chief technical officer. Former Bugatti designer Camilla Kropp is also on the crew.
The man behind the Shanghai-based company is Ding Lei, the former president of Shanghai General Motors who set up Human Horizons in end of 2017.
One of the most intriguing parts of the HiPhi X’s design are NT-Door system. As stated by the manufacturer, the HiPhi X is pitched as a “self-learning smart vehicle”.
What does that mean? Well, the way Human Horizons explains it the HiPhi X has been based on a “human oriented architecture” which is over-the-air upgradable and has a secure software-developer platform to enable feature and app development.
Overlaying that is an advanced highly-personalized onboard artificial intelligence assistant, HiPhiGo, that has been developed in collaboration with Microsoft.
HiPhiGo has an array of intelligent functions and a level of reasoning and continuous learning while interacting with its occupants, the surrounding environment and the vehicle’s parameters.
The HiPhi X also has a “neural network” consisting of six “super brain” domain controllers, connected by 1G Ethernet which provides a higher transmission rate than traditional CAN networks. That allows HiPhi X to analyse massive amounts of information and make decisions utilising cloud computing with a powerful data analysis engine.
HiPhi X is now entering the final phase of development and launch ahead of production which is expected to commence by the end of this year, with official deliveries in 2021.