- XC40 Recharge pure electric now available in three versions – Twin, Twin Plus and Twin Pro
• Convenient, comprehensive Care by Volvo Fixed and Flexible monthly subscription packages now available online – expected to account for 95% of retail business
• Care by Volvo Fixed offers XC40 Recharge from £619 a month over a three-year term; from £769 per month with Care by Volvo Flexible open-ended, rolling three-month contract
• On-the-road prices from £49,950
• 1% benefit-in-kind company car tax rate, which equates to just £16.63 a month for a higher-rate taxpayer
• 78kWh battery gives range of up to 259 miles on a single charge; recharging to 80% capacity in just 40 minutes when using a 150kW (DC) fast charger
• All versions equipped with Volvo’s new Android-based infotainment system with Google Maps, Google Assistant and access to the Google Play Store
• Recharge Twin Plus specification includes power-adjustable heated front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, energy-efficient heat pump system, front parking sensors and reversing camera
• Recharge Twin Pro features 360-degree parking camera system, panoramic sunroof, 12-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, leather/nubuck upholstery, 20-inch alloy wheels and Pilot Assist with adaptive cruise control and steering assistance
The expanded Volvo XC40 Recharge pure electric range is now available for UK customers to purchase online. Three new versions of the compact SUV have been introduced, with updated equipment specifications that enhance the customer appeal of this stylish addition to the Volvo range.
The new all-electric cars are available to purchase outright or can be accessed via two different Care by Volvo subscription packages, designed to suit different customer priorities.
The range comprises the XC40 Recharge Twin, XC40 Recharge Twin Plus and XC40 Recharge Twin Pro. Their respective on-the-road prices are £49,950, £52,950 and £56,700.
However, Volvo expects 95% of retail customers to take advantage of the Care by Volvo subscription packages, which provide a convenient and transparent alternative to traditional car ownership. With Care by Volvo Fixed, a new offering, the XC40 Recharge is available from £619 a month on a three-year term, with no deposit or sign-up fee required. Alternatively, customers can choose the Care by Volvo Flexible option, from £769 a month, with an open-ended, three-month rolling contract and an initial 30-day trial period with no notice requirement. After the 30 days, the customer can change their car or end their subscription with three months’ notice.
As well as access to the car, the monthly subscription also includes scheduled servicing, wear-and-tear maintenance, vehicle tax, replacement tyres and roadside assistance cover. Insurance can also be factored into the monthly fee. Terms and conditions apply. Full details are available at www.volvocars.com/uk/care-by-volvo
Volvo anticipates strong interest from business customers keen to enjoy the environmental and cost-of-ownership benefits of pure electric power, including a 1% benefit-in-kind rating for company car tax. This means that even a higher-rate taxpayer would pay just £16.63 a month in company car tax.
The standard XC40 Recharge specification includes Volvo’s new Android-based infotainment system, complete with four years of data. Operated using a nine-inch central touchscreen, it provides Google Maps with worldwide coverage, voice control via Google Assistant, access to apps enabled for automotive use via the Google Play Store, and wireless smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay.
Other standard features include automatic LED headlights with Active High Beam, dual-zone climate control, wireless phone charging, a 12.3-inch progressive driver’s information display, powered tailgate, rear parking sensors and 19-inch alloy wheels.
The XC40 Recharge Twin Plus makes safe manoeuvring even easier with the addition of front parking sensors and a rear parking camera. It focuses on extra cabin comfort with power-adjustable front seats, heated front and rear seats, and a heated steering wheel. It also has a heat pump system that enhances cabin heating and cooling efficiency, which in turn helps optimise the car’s driving range, especially in hot or cold conditions.
The top of the line-up, the XC40 Twin Recharge Pro, comes with Volvo’s Pilot Assist driver-assistance technology, providing adaptive cruise control and steering assistance. It also introduces a panoramic sunroof, 12-speaker Harman Kardon 600W sound system, 20-inch alloy wheels, auto-dimming door mirrors, leather/nubuck upholstery and a 360-degree parking camera system to give the driver a precise, real-time view of the area immediately around the car.
The powertrain features a 78kWh lithium-ion battery and twin electric motors, providing all-wheel drive as standard. The combined motor output is an impressive 408hp, enabling acceleration from zero to 62mph in just 4.9 seconds. Driving range (WLTP standards) on a single charge is up to 259 miles, depending on model specification.
The priority for easy and rapid battery recharging is addressed with charging from zero to 80% capacity taking as little as 40 minutes when using a 150kW (DC) fast charger. A full recharge using the 11kW (AC) onboard charger can be completed in eight hours, making it convenient for overnight charging. The clever battery design and packaging means there is no loss in cabin space and, in fact, an increase in the load volume available, with an additional 31 litres of storage space below the bonnet.
Kristian Elvefors, Volvo Car UK Managing Director, said: “With the XC40 Recharge, we are showing how choosing a pure electric Volvo does not mean any sacrifice or compromise in the technology or useability that Volvo customers expect. We’ve ensured the specifications provide high levels of comfort, safety, connectivity and practicality, while the battery electric powertrain has the capacity to cover long distances, with quick recharging. Our Care by Volvo subscriptions are also an easy and convenient way for people to access the car they want with complete peace of mind.”
For more information on the pure electric Volvo XC40 Recharge, please go to www.volvocars.com/uk/v/cars/xc40-electric
Images courtesy of Volvo