- Superpedestrian is investing €100,000 to support European Mobility Week (16-22 September), which aims to raise awareness of sustainable urban mobility across Europe
- Superpedestrian is cutting fares on its LINK shared e-scooters by 20% in 30 European towns and cities across six countries for the period, including Lisbon, Madrid, Rome, Stockholm and Vienna
- Free 30-minute rides will also be available to celebrate World Car Free Day on Wednesday 22 September in Bordeaux, Lisbon, Rome, Turin and Vienna
- Superpedestrian estimates more than 160,000km of rides on LINK e-scooters during European Mobility Week
[London, United Kingdom]. Leading shared micromobility provider Superpedestrian will be offering 20% off all rides on its LINK e-scooters across European towns and cities in celebration of European Mobility Week (16-22 September). Free 30-minute rides will also be offered in select locations on World Car Free Day (22 September).
The 20% discount will be available across all of Superpedestrian’s European city locations from Thursday 16 September to Wednesday 22 September. Countries include Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Sweden and Portugal. Riders simply need to input the code EMW2021 into the Superpedestrian LINK app to access the discount. On World Car Free Day, the app will automatically charge riders €0/min for the first 30 minutes of their ride in Lisbon, Rome, Turin and Vienna, with no discount code required.
The initiative is expected to cover over 160,000km of riding across Europe, as a result of the €100,000 investment by Superpedestrian.
European Mobility Week is the European Commission’s flagship campaign to raise awareness of sustainable urban mobility. The week promotes behavioural change in favour of active mobility, public transport and other clean, intelligent transport solutions. With its industry-leading fleet of LINK e-scooters, Superpedestrian offers the world’s safest and smartest e-scooter solution to help cities combat environmental issues and roll towards more sustainable transport options.
Superpedestrian is currently operating in 30 European towns and cities across six countries, including Lisbon, Madrid, Rome, Stockholm and Vienna. Having begun operating its shared e-scooter fleets on the continent just one year ago this month, the company is on track to serve residents in more than 40 European cities by the end of 2021.
“We have spent years designing, engineering, building and now operating the world’s smartest, safest e-scooter, LINK, so we are already supporting city partners and communities to make meaningful changes in carbon reduction,” says Haya Verwoord Douidri, VP (strategy, policy and market expansion). “But we can go further – and we are. I’m delighted to announce this €100,000 investment to encourage even more residents and visitors out of cars and into clean, low-impact and on-demand shared mobility.”
Five reasons why Superpedestrian is great news for Europe
- Fully carbon neutral. Every journey that riders choose to make on LINK scooters instead of using a car is one that helps combat the climate crisis. Because we design, engineer and manufacture our own vehicles, we minimise CO2 at every stage.
- Affordable for all. We are the first in our sector to truly promote accessibility programmes. For example, in 2021 the Seattle Department of Transport reported that 15% of trips on LINK scooters start or end in low-income communities – 10 times the next nearest provider.
- Efficiency at heart. We designed the industry’s first onboard, artificial intelligence-based predictive maintenance system. This reduces repairs, cuts waste, extends service life and increases fleet availability. Better maintenance efficiency is better for the planet.
- Protecting public spaces. LINK is unique in its ability to store geofence maps and commands onboard the scooter itself. With 24,000 discrete map zones and an enforcement time of just 0.7s, LINK already protects pedestrians and riders alike – and the new Pedestrian Defense system is the world’s first system that will stop footpath riding in real time (currently in European testing).
- Wireless updates. LINK features an operating system that is updated remotely over-the-air. Each update brings better range, performance and safety features. Because LINK gets smarter and safer with age, Europeans will never have to wait for upgrades.
And four reasons why Europeans love riding LINK scooters
- A superior ride. The LINK scooter is 20% wider and 9% longer than the industry average, with wider handlebars and robust suspension. This gives riders a far more stable riding experience, just as a downhill skier selects longer skis for more predictable handling.
- Long-range batteries. LINK scooters feature a 98km range battery, three times the industry average. This is perfect for commuters and shoppers, as well as the day trippers and tourists.
- High visibility in all weather. Super-bright LED lights front and rear that are always on, a rear light that brightens during braking, a unique LED ring light information system on the handlebar and safety-yellow paint scheme help make LINK riders clearly visible, any time of day or night.
- Sealed, secure, safe. Guarding against catastrophic battery failures is important in a city with major waterways. Our battery is triple-sealed to protect against inclement weather, vandals and water immersion – and VI (our onboard safety system that runs 1,000 vehicle health checks every second) automatically shuts down all circuits in five nanoseconds if water immersion is detected.
Images courtesy of Superpedestrian