Published on October 20th, 2016 | by James Ayre0
Atticus Robocar 4P — $25,000 EV With 93-Mile Range
What do you say to the possibility of an all-electric vehicle with 93 miles of range that sells for $25,000? Not bad, huh? A Brazilian-American engineer by the name of Paulo Camasmie is making the claim that his “Atticus Robocar 4P” will possess the range and price listed above once available … in 2020.
Interesting claims made by those without enough funds to see their ideas through are a dime a dozen, but some of them do squeak through, and others can at least be interesting to take a look at.
The model is also supposed to eventually be fully autonomous, and the broader idea is that the vehicles will form some sort of “automated pod.” The $25,000 price tag quoted above relates to the limited quantities that Camasmie intends to have available before the end of the decade.
Some other basic points gleaned from the video:
- The prototype has an interesting look to it…
- The battery pack is mounted under the floor, in a “skateboard design.”
- The model is intended to provide comfortable seating for up to 4 people.
- The model will reportedly be 157 inches long, and 2,200 lbs.
- In addition to the 93-mile range mentioned above, the car will reportedly possess a top speed of around 70 miles per hour.
- It features a “summon” feature similar to the one Tesla now provides through its Autopilot feature.
- The battery pack will reportedly be swappable, and the chassis recyclable.
- Voice control features are extensive — controlling everything from the doors, to the bicycle rack, to the vehicle’s on/off status.
- The model features “falcon-wing doors” similar to those used by the Tesla Model X.